Saturday 29 December 2012

Project Runway Australia (Season 4)

Creator: Eli Holzman
Genre: Reality, Competition, Fashion
Rating: C+

The fourth season of Project Runway Australia  is, much like all seasons of instalments in the Project Runway franchise, follows a number of designers - primarily from Australia (although two contestants came to Australia from elsewhere, one from San Francisco and one from London), and primarily in their early-to-mid twenties - as they compete to be titled the best designer.

Um., so yeah.  While I really enjoy the American instalments in the Project Runway franchise I wasn't a huge fan of the Australian one.  There was a general culture issue - the big names in celebrity guest judges were names that I had almost entirely never heard of before, and thus was never really wowed or amazed by - nor did I make the link between the challenge and the guest judge, although that's my fault and not the show's.

The season's biggest flaw, in my opinion, was the general unlikeability of the contestants.  There were a few that I did like and found myself rooting for, but for the most part they were all whiny, annoying individuals who seemed to be just out of fashion school.  They often seemed to be either amateurs or costume designers, and as such watching them week after week after awhile got rather dull.  I also disagreed with the winner, whose collection overall I thought was probably the weakest.  In all, I doubt I'll watch the next season (if there is one) of Project Runway Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment