Thursday 27 September 2012

A Note: Johnny Lewis

Courtesy of Wikipedia
As some of you may have seen in the news this morning as well, actor Johnny Lewis has passed away.

Lewis was not one of the great actors of our day, and his roles were mostly bit parts of the goofball type.  He did, however, begin to rise to prominence following a role in the short-lived sitcom Quintuplets and a role alongside Hilary Duff in Raise Your Voice.  He then had a reoccurring role in the third season of The O.C. and a starring role in Aliens vs. Predators: Requiem, before really coming into what I consider his prime with a more prominent role in the first two seasons of Sons of Anarchy.

I haven't really seen him in anything since his role on Sons and until I heard the news of his death I kind of thought that he had dropped off the map.  While Lewis was never the main focus in any of his roles, he was always an entertaining part of anything he was in.  He will be missed.

The circumstances surrounding Lewis' death are definitely questionable and it's being stated that shortly prior to his death Lewis may have killed his elderly landlord.  I have a tendency to be a bit suspicious of anything I read on TMZ, but from what I understand the body of an eighty-one year old woman was also found at the scene and it is believed that Lewis may have killed her before either falling or jumping to his own death.  I have no clue whether or not he did kill her, but I do hope that she rests in peace as well.  The whole thing just sounds like a horrible and sad story to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment