Friday 3 August 2012

Recommendations: August 3

Total Recall - Did you know that Elizabeth Taylor once called Colin Farrell the reincarnation of Richard Burton?  His movies might not always be good, but I do have to say I always find them to be pretty enjoyable, so I'm looking forward to this remake of the 1990 Arnold Schwarzenegger film.

That's kind of it, actually.  Sorry.

Total Recall - the Mind-Bending Edition has been released on Blu-Ray this week, presumably to try to cash in on the remake's release.  How can you really go wrong with a classic Arnold film?

The Seven Year Itch - There's a kick to put classic films on Blu-Ray lately, and this week the focus seems to be on Marilyn Monroe movies.  There are five being re-released this week, with Seven Year Itch being my favourite of the bunch.

Pete Smalls Is Dead - Okay, so I've never actually heard of this movie before and it's rating on IMDb isn't exactly the best (it's scored exactly 5.0).  But, it stars Lena Headey and Peter Dinklage.  Just Dinklage alone is enough to get me to see a movie, but the combination of his Game of Thrones counterpart makes this something that I need to see, 5.0 rating or not.

Tara Road - In commemoration of the passing of author Maeve Binchy I'm recommending Tara Road, the only work of hers that I've ever actually read.  The novel is about two women, one Irish the other American, who decide to escape their problems by trading houses, despite never having actually met.  It's kind of like The Holiday, but better.

No comments:

Post a Comment